How do you put a roof on a house in Revit?
Create a Roof by Footprint
- Display a floor plan view or a reflected ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Roof drop-down (Roof by Footprint). …
- On the Draw panel, select a sketch or pick tool. …
- Sketch, or pick, a closed loop for the roof.
- Specify slope defining lines.
How do you change the roof type in Revit?
Select the roof, and click Modify | Roofs tab Mode panel (Edit Footprint) or (Edit Profile). Make necessary changes. If you want to change the position of the roof, use the Properties palette to edit the Base Level and Offset properties to change the position of the reference plane.
How do I make a roof slab in Revit?
Draw a flat roof: On the Properties palette, set the Underlay value to 01 – Store Floor. Click Architecture tab Roof drop-down (Roof by Footprint).
Draw the Roof
- Highlight an exterior wall.
- Press Tab to select the chain of walls.
- Click to place the roof lines.
- On the Mode panel, click (Finish).
How do you apply floor materials in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Paint).
- In the Material Browser dialog, select a material. Note that you can only browse for a material when you select the paint tool.
- Place the cursor on the element face to highlight it. …
- Click to apply the paint.
- In the Material Browser dialog, click Done.
How do I make a hip roof in Revit?
To model a Roof by Footprint in Revit undertake the following steps:
- Go to your desired Plan View to begin modelling you roof. …
- Architecture Tab → Roof (Dropdown) → Roof by Footprint.
- Use the draw tools panel (Sketch, Pick Lines or Pick Walls) to create your desired roof footprint.
- Note Boundaries show an “Angle” symbol.